Cofresi Beach FAQ – Frequent Questions:
Cofresi Beach FAQ addresses the most frequently asked questions on everything in town: Lodging, Safety, Restaurants, the Marina, the Marine Park, the beach, its people, culture and night life. We will try to cover as much as possible, and grow this list with time and more questions as customers provide us with feedback on their needs.
- Where is Cofresi Beach? The town of Cofresi is located West of Puerto Plata, in the island of Dominican Republic. The nearest airport to fly to it is POP (Gregorio Luperon International) and has daily flights from major hub airports in the Americas and Europe.
- What type of weather can we expect? Since the Dominican Republic is in the center of the Caribbean region, the weather is tropical almost year-round. Expect some rains in August-September, and the hottest season during May June July, which is the high season for travel to the island.
- Is Cofresi safe for travelers? Yes, we are proud to say we work hard to keep safety our first priority in the Puerto Plata region, specially the North Coast. As in any other country, follow standard precautions when walking around places outside of the tourist districts.
- Where can we stay? there are several all-inclusive beach resorts in the area, such as the Palm and Lifestyles. There are also many villa rentals available online on major booking sites.
- Is there a marina to moor our yacht? yes, the top marina in the region is the Ocean World Marina, right at the heart of Cofresi. It is part of a larger complex that includes a Marine Park, Disco, Restaurants and other amenities.
The Marine Park: Ocean World
- What is the Currency in the island? the Dominican Peso is the country’s currency, though the US and Canadian Dollars are common and accepted. It is good to exchange in town, as the airport rates are ridiculous. At the time of this writing the Peso Vs USA Dollar rate was 53×1. ( 53 local pesos for every US dollar).
- What are the closest Cruise Ship Ports? The closest one is less than 20 minutes away by car, which is the Amber Cove from Carnival Cruises. The second one is about 25 minutes away in Puerto Plata, the Taino Bay Port.
- What USA cities fly to Puerto Plata? Jet blue and American Airlines have daily flights from Miami and New York ( JFK and MIA ) to POP airport, and also to the Santiago International Airport ( STI ) though it is more than an hour away by car.
- Can I see real estate for sale in Cofresi? Yes, though the area is small, there is always a selection of villas and condos for sale, take a look at the Golden Treasures Real Estate website, and call for the yet to be listed units, or silent listings.